Thursday, March 25, 2010

Third Cup 'O' Jo


Here's my third painted cup of coffee.

Since I spent the last couple posts discussing color, I'll add this little note. Inconsequential really, but - now I generally Love Sennelier paints, both oils and watercolors. Just out of curiosity I tried their Burnt Sienna and the color is just fine, vibrant, creamy - lovely - However..... it smells like motor oil. It smells so bad I won't use it in my studio, I'm saving it for plein aire work - outside....

I Love their Ultramarine Blue which I mentioned in the list - it's just a hair redder than most other brands - gorgeous! The Cobalt Turquoise is also gorgeous - it has no white pigment in it and is super versatile. The Titanium White is also super thick and rich and I sometimes use their Cad. Yellow Pale - intense and glorious.... And all the rest of those colors smell like oil paint - the way they should....

Anyway - just a note on paint....

No comments:

Post a Comment