Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cups 'O' Jo




I've begun a new series of small paintings that I'm calling "Cups 'O' Jo". These are sort of self portraits through Java. They're my cups of coffee that I'm drinking while I'm working or reading or whatever. I don't set them up as still lifes, they're just "found" and painted as is.

If it isn't obvious, I Love coffee - usually light with Stevia in it. Stevia is wonderful stuff for anyone interested. It is a sweetener derived from a plant - no sugar in it and no terrible brain-altering chemicals and it has no glycemic index - but it is very sweet. One packet is the equivalent of two teaspoons of sugar. We find it at Wal-Mart - "Nature Made" I think makes it.

Anyway I do love coffee - light, sometimes sweet, always strong, sometimes with a shot of espresso when available, occasionally flavored - lightly with cinnamon or chocolate or hazelnut..... My husband will come in to my studio with a cup or ask me to come join him for one and it always lifts my heart - the effect never wears off. We chat and enjoy the coffee..... So it's a small but big part of my life I share here and I'm thoroughly enjoying painting them as well as drinking them. : 0 )

This series can also be found on my web site under the title of this post, "Cups 'O' Joe"

No comments:

Post a Comment