Sunday, October 25, 2009

What We Don't See


I've been thinking much lately about the fact that our eyes only see a small portion of what we humans call the Electromagnetic Spectrum.

This is usually depicted in books in a linear configuration, though I suspect that it's more three dimensional in reality and that there is much we don't understand.

So my point is - we're looking through the "filters" of our eyes. We're not seeing 99% of what is around us. The only difference, for example, between what we see and what we hear is time; albeit an imperceptibly small increment, but absolutely unmovable in its imprint on our perceptions.

At times, I feel as though I'm walking blind. As incredible as my eyes are, what is "really" there in front of me???

This to me explains the part of the Bible where God "opened" the eyes of the servant at Elisha's request. (2 Kings 6:8-23) I believe there is much going on that we're totally unaware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment