Saturday, October 24, 2009

Brush Frogs!


I use frogs in my studio for my brushes with paint on them - the ones that I'm using and are thickly loaded. "Frogs" are those wonderful glass things that people used to put in the bottom of a vase to stick the stems of flowers in to keep them nicely composed - standing up straight. They work great for keeping my really wet oil brushes from getting all over each other and take up a lot less space than laying them down on brush holders.

The one below I just found in an antique store - it has 11 big holes for bigger brushes - quite the find! I put marbles in the silver tray under the glass to hold the bottoms of the brushes more firmly - so they stand up straighter and don't flop around.


If you go looking for frogs - the taller - or the thicker the glass, the better. Of the ones I saw this weekend, the most expensive was $8.00 - some are clear and others are awesome colors. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment