Thursday, August 27, 2009

Evening at SPAC





I had the most fantastic evening out at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center last weekend.

Our local museum, the Hyde Collection, has a gorgeous exhibition of Degas works on display - really tops. So in conjunction with this "Degas and Music" exhibition, SPAC asked local artists to come and set up and paint on the grounds before the Philadelphia Orchestra's concert last Saturday night.

It was sooooooo much fun! I painted and sketched for almost 3 hours. I talked to a lot of wonderful people, met a few other artists, handed out some business cards etc... Then, the orchestra played - oh my - there are no words to describe.... I haven't heard a live orchestra in some time and so this was just the Best treat! I've never heard Claire de Lune played so beautifully, so sensitively....

I've included a couple of oil sketches here from the evening.... Hope they will do that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment